<body>
Monday, November 20, 2006

YO YO YO PEOPLE!!!~

Today I am a little crazy after my work. Firstly, the day of having to SOLO working at Swissotel is OVER! Yesterday i was still worrying so much about working alone. Well, i shall now blog about today in more details.

I can't sleep yesterday night and i lie on my bed till 5am. Woke up at 8am because my mother switched off my air-con and i was sweating. I switched on my fan and went back to lie on my bed. I have totally no idea whether i got sleep or not, but i woke up at 2pm. Ate my lunch and rushed to work. This time, I am early. Very early indeed. I was supposed to report to the meeting room at 6pm, but i signed in at 4.50pm. At that time, it should be the drinks server reporting time. They should report at 5.30pm, so they sign in at 4.50 like that. And drinks server are mostly girls (oops..all girls i mean) So, i felt quite weird because there seems to be more girls than guys at that time. I got lost when i went down. I can't find the place to collect my uniform, then i cant find the tuckshop (canteen).

Luckily i saw someone and i asked them. After my dinner, it's only 5.20pm. I have 40mins more to go. Most people are drinks servers and they may go to a different meeting place. So i did not follow them. I looked around, waiting for someone to leave the canteen and go to the meeting place. At this time, i saw 2 guys, carried their tray and bag, walking to the door where they keep the tray. I thought they wanted to go up to the meeting place. So i hurried and followed them. In the end, after returning the tray, they went back to sit. OMG! This time, i'm really lost. In order not to feel embarrassed, i walked out, trying to find the lift. There are few lifts and i believe that they lead to different place. I got so nervous and tensed up and i keep calling donovan.

Luckily he was working also, but morning shift, and so he picked up the phone and guided me through. Went up to the 4th floor. Another maze appeared. I saw one girl, china girl, she seems to be lost too. But without any help, i followed her, We walked walked and walked and we got lost in the kitchen. All places look the same until we see someone in black. The team leader or manager i think. Then i quickly asked. Then he asked someone to guide us there. Luckily, i finally found my way out of the maze!!! phew... Raffles City Convention Centre is really HUGE.

Then, went for the meeting. 70% of the workers are from china. And all the girls are from china, for food-servers i mean. gosh.. i think i will have the china accent soon.. ohya.. some singaporeans say that i look cheena.. means i look like from china too -.-""""

Then, the team leader came in and started with "GOOD EVENING GUYS, just to let you all know. I am the most fuked-up team leader in this place. So, please cooperate with me or else i will make u all suffer. Get it?!"

That's really fierce. He sounded like he is some commander in the army, he looks like one too. Brief brief brief and time to allocate our tables. This time, the event is "Seagate Technologies 10th Anniversary, Dinner and dance." This sounds nice, there are 157 tables. Yeah. It sounds cool too. BUT! the more the number of tables, the more messy it will get. Moreover, this also means that each person will at least serve 2 tables!

I was allocated to 3 tables, together with a china guy. I asked him and he said he worked 3 times before. I thought i'm saved with someone more experienced. Then, i realised that he work the morning shift one, means, it's one of the first time he worked for dinner. OMG! that sucks. In the end, i looks more experienced than him.

Well, everything screwed up next. Firstly, we do not have side station. I asked him to get one and he asked me to go. He is from china and he should have many friends there. I know no one there and how to find one?! No choice, after worrying for some time, we stole 2 side station from the side of the ballroom. And somehow, one china girl came and claimed that one of them is her's. Dam her lah. We are serving 3 tables and 1 side station will never be enough! Nevermind, i'm being good and i did not argue with her, because i know that in the later part, i may need her help. So i said, "let's share", and she did not reply me at all.

Well, starting, we got nothing much to do. Stood there, look out for the drinks server for my tables. Ok, it is some good looking girl, and i thought that she will also be kind and good too. However, i realised that she suxs and she is from china. Firstly, she's gone for no reason for some time and i had to refill the tea for the guests. I have to take beer for them. I had to lay the napkin for the guests and i have to clear the flowers on the tables. These jobs should be the drinks server's job!!!

Then, me and my noob partner, rushed to get the first course. I asked him to get dark sauce. Then he took chilli sauce and chilli, which the table already have! DAMMIT. I had to rush to get the dark sauce from the kitchen and go back into the ballroom to give out.

After the first dish, we rushed through everything. Only a few mins after we serve the first dish, my partner took the round tray and say he wants to go collect the side plates ( the plates the guests using). The guests were still eating and he went there and asked "may i clear your plate?". WTH! cant he see first?! Ok, he is so so fast that people have not finish the food and he cleared.

Next, he did not put the bones and the waste food on one plate. He stacked everything up and came back. How am i supposed to carry them back to the kitchen when the plates are going to topple any time?! He really got no experience on clearing! Fine, let him clear all he wants. Then, i went to set bowls for the next course, shark fins. Luckily i was fast,but he came out with 3 big bowls of shark fins before i even cleared my oval tray ( the bigger tray at the side station to put plates all these). Note, we only have 1 side station. I have not clear the oval tray of waste food and plates at the side station, then he came in with an oval tray with 3 bowls of shark fins. WTH! Nevermind, we rushed and distributed the shark fins soup to the guests.

Next, we hurry up do the clearing all these and took new plates and replaced for the guests. Everything went the same way like this. There is one time, I asked him to go collect the food first, while i do the clearing and stuff. BUT, when i went to the kitchen, he was taking new plates and say "we need the new plates later" PLEASE LAH! the guests are waiting for their food and you are here taking new plates. Everyone else collected their dishes already!!

Ohya, back to my side station. I said earlier that the girl beside me who stole my side station. I tried to be nice to her and i helped her to clear the food all these. Helped her to arrange the plates all these. In the end, she seems to be better and allowed us to share the side station when we really need it. At first, she was like "HEY! why are your plates doing on MY oval tray?! REMOVE THEM!"

After being nice to her, we put food and stuff on her oval tray, she did not say much. After that, we also found her plates on our oval tray, PLUS from some other tables one. Don't know why, but i just helped to clear.

Ohya, come to the 5th dish. We are too slow on clearing the plates for don't know what reason. I thought my partner was fast. In the end, i saw him coming out with bowls and plates and spoons for the 7th dish, which is the fried rice. I shouted at him. "WHY you get these when we only need plates for the vegetables?! I thought i told u to pick up the vegetables?!". He replied me by saying "I asked the manager on what's the next dish and he said it is fried rice." OMG! i want to faint already!

It is clearly stated that it is vegetables! Then, he went on the set up bowls for the fried rice. While i rushed into the kitchen to pick up the vegetables. As i expected, we were slow and i had to pick up 2 plates of vegetables. Then, i came out and shouted at him, "IT IS VEGETABLES LAH! SEE?!" Then he replied me "but the manager....". Whatever, i did not care to listen to him anymore. I got scoldings in the kitchen saying that i was too slow. I hurry up to remove the bowls and spoons from the tables and then give out the vegetables. I went back to the kitchen to get the 3rd plate of vegetables and they said that there isn't enough. So, i had to serve that table fried rice first. So, i took 3 plates of fried rice at once. So dam heavy! But i managed.

Went back and issue out the bowls to that particular table first and distributed the fried rice. I have no idea what my partner is doing. He do clearing at all times and kept the side station full of waste plates. When i came in with food, i do not have a place to put those heavy foods. Dammit man. I got really dam fed-up with him. Luckily i was quite ok with the girl beside us and she finally helped me.

Ohya, i want to say something. I was busying clearing the oval trays full of waste plates and food into the kitchen. Every food came with covers and we are supposed to remove them before putting onto a trolley for them(workers in brown uniform) to clear. We were told that they will help us remove the covers. As i said, their(outside kitchen ppl) clearing suxs and they stacked up the covers. I got scolded by the worker in brown and he refused to help me remove the covers, by saying "u in wad uniform, i in wad uniform?", in a dam gangster way.

Nevermind, i came in again, with 2 stacks of covers this time, NO CHOICE! they stacked on my oval tray and what can we do? I can only clear them together. This time, one group of brown workers sat there and the fat ah beng that scolded me just now, laughed. He laughed and say to his friends in chinese "look who's coming, look at how funny it is, he stacked those up, good luck to him man, he tot he stacking pyramid ah.. hahahahaha~"

WTH! i was just helping people to clear, so i asked him in a nice way, "eh handsome, help lah...". He laughed and only help me carry the oval tray and still refused to help me remove the covers. I then removed them and said "thanks very much".

I did this quite a lot of times and i keep asking him "eh handsome.. help me awhile.. very heavy..".. Luckily he helped. After saying "thank you" in a very polite way for many times. He seems to be nicer. There was this time that he got so busy and he asked me to help him move the trolley. Well, so many people walk pass there and he only approached me and asked me to help. Well, being the nice me, i helped him move and he said thanks in a very nice way too. See, i'm able to change someone and their attitude!! this is the way to make friends man! woohooo! Felt so relieved when he seems nicer. Same for the girl beside my side station.

Alright, back to the ballroom side. A bit confusing for you people to understand if you glance through my post. haha, well, bear with it and let me finish my story.

I went back to the kitchen, got scolded by the team leader again. Then he said that they prepared one extra vegetables for me. So lucky! So, i went out with that and give out to them again. This time, i found that my partner's clearing is very slow. Next, we are supposed to clear everything and set up the plates and bowls for the dessert.

Firstly, the guests at our 3 tables easy very slow and made our clearing more troublesome. When it's time for us to give out the gifts, we are still doing clearing so that dessert can come in. Then, i was busy doing clearing and my partner gone missing. I wanted to get the gifts first. But they say after dessert then can. So, i finally saw my partner came in we 3 plates of desserts and we faster distribute to the guests. Luckily, there was this short girl who came and help out to distribute. She helped us to distribute 2 dishes if i am not wrong. I learned the donovan's style and i was able to distribute fast enough. But not for my partner -.-"

Then, the team leader came in with 10 gifts for one of the my table. Then he scolded me. And asked me why i have not go collect the gifts. Please lah, we just finished serving the desserts leh. So i rushed into the kitchen to get the gifts, this time, they already kept the left over gifts and i got scolded again. Why always me?! Nevermind, i know being such a low post worker is always like that.

So i hurried to distribute the gifts. The guests seems pissed off because they do not see the gifts at the time when they are supposed to get them. Nevermind, YAYS! It's over and we are supposed to do the clearing.

A lot of the guests are away from their table, busy dancing at the dance floor. Quite a lot of pretty ladies by the way, and it's so paiseh to sweat and looks tired in front of them -.-""
I almost fell when i carry those huge oval tray in and out. And my backache when i distribute the food. That really suxs.

Then, we are supposed to clear everything on the table after the dessert. I got quited fed-up because the idiot drinks server is gone again and she did not clear the cups, teacups all these! It's her job!! See lah! pretty girls like that one meh? No wonder people say, no one is Perfect. Nobody is perfect. Ohya, but i heard from some people that i am Nobody. =)

Clear clear clear and yays! sign out! rushed all the way to the mrt station and caught the 2nd last train. Home sweet Home.

lalala~ this post got no pics cuz.. how to take pics during work? cant even slack lor.. haha... feel like going back the M hotel to work few days.. can get more money and can get my pay on the same day.. i feel more experienced now. I think i sure do very well at M hotel. lolx, just that i will have to do the refilling of tea all these too.

Quote of the day : "many people will walk in and out of ur life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart"

I think i got this from some tv show..


pandaboo penned at 11/20/2006 02:39:00 am

Comments: Post a Comment

think free.live free


This Blog

Life is Full of Ups and Downs, We Muz overcome challenges in Life. Always aim for the sky,for if u fail, at least u can reach the clouds...


Best viewed in 1024x768. 16Bit colour
Internet Exporer 6

Change Text Encoding to Chinese Simplified(Singapore)/Unicode to read the chinese words.


This Person

Name : Wei Rong
D.O.B : 17 September 1989
Race : 华人
Horoscope : Virgo
Where?? : Singapore
School : Maha Bodhi School
Bedok North 'low' School
MI bartley (1st 2 mths)
Tampines JC
Fav Snack : Chocolates!!
Fav Food : Chicken Rice
Fav Book : I don't read.
Sports : usually swim, cycle and sometimes play some racket games
Hobby : Play, Sleep and Eat
Loves : Driving
Wants: Peace and alot alot more..
Needs : MONEY!!
IQ : 120 (as of Oct 2004)

Find out more from me =p

06S19!!!- Click to enlarge

wo shi double-u are
ppl who cannot pronounce my name will call me "kang"

i'm actually a quiet person

others eat to live and live to study.. i am the opp
I study to live and live to eat =D

Cravings

Attain First Class Honours for my degree
Get myself a Honda asap
Own an AUDI before age of 30
Own Luxury & Supercars by age of 35
Get into Local University after NS(Came true)
Own a 6-Star Luxury Hotel
A high stable income
Have a house of my dream by age of 30
Get married before age of 30
Have a wonderful family
Learn piano =X
Learn flute =X
Go into R/C Hobby
Lamborghini Estoque



For year 2009,
Ever-increasing wishlist:
Some Great Achievement
New Friends
Build a new PC

Creative I-Trigue 5600

Contacts

Wei Jie: Blog
Sarly: Site *Blog*
Hsiu Ya: Blog
XiaoYun: MSN Space
LeePing: Blog
Anh: Blog
Joel: Blog
Samantha: Blog
Wynne: MSN Space
Shierly: Blog
Jonas: Blog
Mervyn: Blog
Daren: Blog
WeiLing: Blog
Mei Hsing: Blog

Asmah: Blog

Nani: Blog
Sally: Blog
Hafiz: Blog
Huda: Blog
Xiao Yan: Blog
Zhen Ming: MSN Space
Lee Wei: Blog
Qing Hui: Blog
Biondi: Blog

Shu Hui: Blog
KaiSin: Blog
Charlene: Blog
Yu Feng: Blog
Mun Chee: Blog
Ye Ling: LiveJournal

Jing Huang: Blog
Jonathan Ng: Blog
Yi Wei: Blog
Charles: Blog
Terence: Blog
Kenneth Wong: Blog
Zi Yee: Blog
YinWai: Blog

Talks



Credits

Designer: % ahtinqqx33
Image Hosting: Imageshack
Brushes: xoxo
Image from Photoshop
Tagboard: Cbox
Music: Imeem
Others: x , x , x , x
Image edit from Adobe Photoshop CS2