Tuesday, November 01, 2005
Everyone is so stressed now, preparing for next week's 'O' level Exams. It is indeed a very big exam that will determine everything. Determine your future, determine where you going, determine who is right who is wrong, determine whether you had put enough effort during these years. This exam Should determine these, but not anymore. More and more people are getting more 'exam smart'. They learn the formulas, the skills, the tactics, the patterns, practise TYS and forget all about the meaning of the exam. It Should be testing your knowledge, not your smartness or the ability to memorise everything in the last min.
People now memorise the formulas and without knowing how it came about. Memorising everything, even english compositions. What for? It is for this exam, to score well, to get into a JC and a better future. Everyone now does that. Some people are quite consistant for all these years and score very well for the exams, while some others are slacking all the way and speed up during the final laps. Most of us belongs to the second group, now running, rushing to learn, hungry for more knowledge or rather, more tactics and skills. Some people 'pia' for the secondary 4 year and score straight As. Some being consistant for 4 years but never get the expected results. Some others rush only during the very last month or even week and their results ranges.
I belongs to where? I slacked during secondary 3 and promised to work hard for the secondary 4 year. Worked hard for first few months and got tired. Mixed with more friends and went to enjoy more. And suffered from a bit of depression but got up again by May for my chinese Exam. Then, having finished one paper, I slacked for the next 3 months. Until I got back my Chinese results. A B3. I don't know whether to be happy or sad. I expect an A before I take the exam but expect a B after I took the exam. And then I blame myself for not doing well for my paper 1.
I got rejected to retake my chinese paper and thus I fell again. I lost interest in most of my subjects and I took the prelims very lightly. I studied for each subject just before the day of exam. Done only some revision the week before. However, I motivated or even curse my friends to do well. Prevented myself from playing games. After exams, played and got de-motivated. Stood up again very fast just before October and wanted to do well for 'O' levels. Until I heard my father asking me to go poly, I fell again. I am confused and don't know what I am doing. Got lost in the forest until i see my friends ran pass me. I believe it's the time for me to get back on the track now. I am lagging behind. I need to run. I know I may not reach the target that I set long ago. But at least i try. I will do my best, it's the efforts that counts. Never Regret.
Estimated Time Remaining to 'O' Levels Written Papers :
151 hrs 40mins ( 6 days )
Quote of the month : "
不要轻易放弃,否则对不起自己" -Jasmine,4E
pandaboo penned at 11/01/2005 12:20:00 am
think free.live free